8; ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION

ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION

I have suddenly realized that I need not be too strict about the pronunciation of any English word. Who am I to decide what is the correct pronunciation of English words? Even a standard English pronunciation dictionary such as Daniel Jones' may include two or more alternative pronunciations of an English word. And popular desi English grammar and pronunciation etc. can be very different from British and American usage (which can sound very pompous to many Indian ears): "6 into 2" (6×2) instead of 6 times 2, "alright" for all right, etc. Perhaps many "desi" Indian women and girls pronounce masculine as mascu-LINE and feminine as femi-NINE - that's OK even if I may sound them differently.

Kishalay Sinha [G] April 24, 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8; CBI, NSA; অদিতি আর "স্বামী" দেবরাজ ... মোহিনী/মোহন; যুযুধান; NAZI IAF TEJAS "HAL" FIGHTER JET CRASHED WITH FIGHTER PILOT "MODI"? বাসুদেব; TOP SECRET: "Malware"; HAL (cf. HELL); SSKM; BYJU'S; UFO; অসুৰ অধিবেশন; Tess; TIME TRAVEL; Daedalus & Icarus (Simon & Stephen); SAMANTHA/"SAM"; SOCRATES; YouTube podcasts G-12 - G-92, G-93 (new); CODED SONG

MIRACLE CURE